Over the last little while, I have been asked to do a surveys from Google about using Glass for the last few months. Since I was writing that up, I figure that I'd post some of my thoughts and questions on Google Glass so far here on this site as well.
What do you like best about Glass?
- It is not an intrusive device for the wearer.
- The ability to take pictures hands free (with a wink or voice).
- The ability to command functions with voice.
- The ability to share the world as you see it.
- Hanging out with Family while on road trips.
- Being notified of events as they happen
- The Community - #GlassFamily
What do you find frustrating about Glass?
- The battery life is not very good.
- The device itself is not very rugged.
- The lock/unlock/power button is on the inside of the frame.
- The inside of the frame doesn't seem very sweat proof.
- XE16 caused a lot of problems, from random reboots, shutdowns, to overheating.
What new features would you like to see for Glass?
- The ability to find other Glass Explorers in the area through the glass interface and display callouts about the explorer. (And of course, the ability not to be displayed).
What do you think it means to be part of the Glass Explorer Program?
- It means to be able to take a beta technology, explore it's real life uses and find interesting applications of this technology.
- It means that you are an ambassador for Google Glass to everyone else and their notions of appropriateness/laws/rules.
- It means that you are a Glass Evangelist, Champion, and Defender.