Helen and I welcomed Evelyn into the world, last week. After many many hours of labor and some crazy pushing, Evelyn took her first breath of air.
Apologies for the 'late' posting, I made it a point to stay away from the computer and the internet in general so I can concentrate on the new addition to the family during this first week. (I have been tweeting a little though. :$)
As first time parents, this week has been quite an emotional roller coaster. Bouncing from states of anxiety, frustration, triumph, and pride, it has been quite draining on both of us. It is further exacerbated by a screaming baby that is in an environment that is very different than what she has been accustomed to these past 9+ months. Like I was saying earlier, a baby crying at you while you are trying to soothe them is like trying to get something important done while getting yelled at constantly.
Here are a couple of thoughts and insights that I had over this past week:
- I now know exactly what my parents mean when they told me -"you'll understand when you are a parent"
- That moment when she looks at you for the first time....and you're done. That's real
- I never thought I would be so glad to see pee and poo
- I have never been so tired in my life. I now know why parents sleep at like 9pm...
- I have never had to do so much laundry consecutively in a week
- Think of the worst and toughest project deadline you had to meet, all the pressure, the lack of sleep, take that, multiply that by 10, and repeat that feeling every few hours. That's how bad it can get just in the first week
- This first week has felt like a month... but I would love more time with my lovely ladies
- Babies snore too
Here are some pictures that we have accumulated since then. Enjoy!