Month 7. As of month 7, there were a few changes. This is a backdated post because I didn't have a chance to actually write a post until now. With the move and everything that went on, it was extremely busy. I finally got a chance to sit down and catch up.
Here are some of her updates from that month:
- Locomotion - Evelyn's primary method of locomotion is crawling. This month, she is quite proficient at crawling. She was able to crawl from the foam mats in the living room, all the way into the hall to the laundry room. And she is FAST, sometimes it seems like we are turn our head to do something, and then when we turn back a few seconds later, it's like she teleported to another location.
- Babbling - We hear "mama mama" or "dada" more now, we still aren't sure if she is actually calling out for us. The new thing for this month seems to be a bit of phrasing. It's like she is trying to tell us something in a sentence, but she doesn't know the words yet.
- Sitting Up - She's basically able to sit upright now, with the occasional lean/fall backwards. If we give her two fingers in front of her while she is on her back, she'll grab them and pull herself up. It sometimes reminds me of me trying to do sit ups. haha
- Sleeping Through the Night - Generally speaking, she still goes to sleep at around 8pm and wakes up at around 7am. But recently, she has been waking up in the middle of the night, around 1 or 2 in the morning. It might be the new environment, it might be teething, this one is still a mystery to us.
- Weaning - We are continuing to make our own baby food by boiling down some apples, pears, and carrots to mash up and feed her with. Recently, we introduced butternut squash, peas, bananas, and even chicken. She seems to really like all of it, and jumps at the chance to eat whatever we give her. We also make her sit with us during dinner, when she sees that we are eating, she would start drooling, smacking her lips, and reaching for our food. Then she'll start whining until we get some of her food for her so she can eat with us.
- Drinking - She can now independently use the sippy cup. She swings it around and drops it on the floor repeatedly, probably because she forgets that she is holding it, but when she wants water or something to chew on, she'll bring it right up to her mouth.
- Teeth - She has cut her first and second tooth. They show up a little nubs and then you begin to see it coming it. It must be bothersome and is probably the reason why she is waking up in the middle of the night.
- Recognition - She can recognize people now. Sometimes you catch her staring and trying to figure out who you are. But when she does, she seems very happy to see us. Usually by smiling and calling out to us. We don't know if she knows it's her reflection, but she is super excited when she sees herself in the mirror
Onward to Month 8! (Post will be put up shortly)